This is actually a big category, probably second to Video of the Year. Why? Because unless you forgot, Pop is short for Popular… so this would be BEST POPULAR VIDEO. Anyway, I want to say this is anyone’s chance at winning, but once again we’ve got a few of our favorites back again.
- THIS is the video I like the most from B.o.B. “Nothing On You.” It’s bright, it’s colorful, it pops, it’s cut-paper! What video is like this? None. The song is pretty cool too. But the point here is that it’s different. I would love for this video to win but I don’t think it’s popular enough compared to the rest. But the artistic value of it I feel is quite strong.
- Beyonce is here again with her “Video Phone” and Lady Gaga. Again, it’s poppy, it’s also colorful, the music is catchy and the video is all around weird. Camera-men? I’m glad I don’t do drugs. Truth be told, I was never too much a fan of this song or video, although I do like the craziness that goes on in it.
- Once again, we have Katy Perry who is probably the epitome of bubblegum pop… both figurative and literal with “California Gurls.” This has been what many call the song of the summer. At first I wasn’t so sure, but it is indoob addictive… like candy. C’mon, it’s a music video of Candy Land. Sexier too. I would want this to win, and maybe it might.
- Our friend Ke$ha is back again… I forgot she was nominated so many times. What it is I don’t like about her is the trashy glitter look. I’m not crazy about the song lyrics too. I know when it comes to having a good time, lyrics don’t always matter. I understand and respect that. Sometime it takes going to a club or hearing a song from inside of a car with a very loud sound system to remember that. But as for this video and song as is, I’ll do fine without it.
- Who’s Lady Gaga again? And what’s this I hear about a “Bad Romance”? While I’d pull for B.o.B. or Katy Perry to win this award, I predict this is yet another win for Lady Gaga.