There are only a couple real contenders here, and probably one clear winner. So let’s get to it. BEST DANCE MUSIC VIDEO
- Cascada? Who are you? I’m sorry if that seems insulting, especially to someone like me who doesn’t listen to the radio… yet I hear this song at the mall sometimes. To me, this artist is an example of an industry girl. I’m making this claim without researching who she is, but she seems built by a record label to sing generic songs anyone can sing. She doesn’t even really dance! Sure, the song is popular enough that I can recognize it, and it might even get stuck in your head, but this seems to blah for me to cosign anything but just another song to play at the club.
- David Guetta I’m not too familiar with and neither am I with the song. But most attribute the song to Akon anyway so it seems. The song itself, I’ll pass. The video? Also pass.
- I have a few friends that love this Enrique Iglesias song. Saying the “like it” is an understatement. And it’s a catchy song, with a decent video of Enrique dancing around the club. It’s fun, but not the winner.
- I’d say it’s a strong chance Lady Gaga will take home the award for “Bad Romance” and if I need to tell you why, then obviously you haven’t heard the song or seen the video. It goes much further than that… this is one song that I’ve seen people outside of dancing establishments… meaning their car, restaurants, in the park, doing this very dance. This could be the dance song/video of the decade.
- Usher is a great dancer, we all know this. I watched this video a few times and while it’s not bad, I think I’ve seen him do better. I feel bad for saying that because I know a lot of people like this song. For the record, I don’t care much for the song, which is probably why I’m ho-hum for the video. But these are my opinions, folks!